Chios Day Center, Chios
Chios Mental Health Day Center operates as a unit providing therapeutic care and help the psychosocial rehabilitation of adults who are suffering from mental health problems related both to the condition but also their social functionality.
The daily operation program of the Center includes, apart from the personal interviews with a psychiatrist and psychologist, occupational therapeutic groups in the context of the social club as well as cooking, construction, gardening, painting, film, socialization, physical exercise and computer learning groups.
Furthermore, awareness meetings are held on mental health issues to combat social stigma and, finally, articles are published in the local Press for community awareness.
Help Line for Psychological Support and Intervention in the Crisis
800 113 7777
Chios Day Center provides diverse services for people with mental conditions, and at the same time is a meeting, creation and communication place for all in need of support and help. The beneficiaries and their families in cooperation with the inter-disciplinary therapeutic group can share their experiences and concerns to learn to deal with their daily difficulties.
Furthermore, the Day Center, provides advice for people of vulnerable social groups, people with financial, social, business or personal problems, as well as children, parents and adolescents.
- Dealing with mental health problems at the level of primary care
- Increase of the treatment effectiveness and preventing relapses
- Improving the social capabilities of people with mental difficulties by increasing their social skills and engagement
- Care and psychosocial rehabilitation of people with severe mental disorders and concomitant psychosocial problems
- Providing information and awareness for the community on mental health issues to decrease stigma and discriminations
- Prevention of mental health issues via school programs, programs at work and neighborhoods
- Support of vulnerable social groups
- Psychological support (information, personal, group or family psychotherapy)
- Psychiatric (psychotherapy, medical treatment)
- Social (welfare issues, professional mobilization and rehabilitation)
- Nursing (care, functionality restoration, health education, diet education)
- Occupational therapy (art therapy, constructions, socialization skills)
- Consultancy (personal or group)
- Therapeutic Intervention
- Timely evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders
- Systematic treatment and follow-up
- Psychological support on a personal and family level
- Psychosocial rehabilitation
- Post-hospitalization follow-up of people with mental disorders
- Social and work mobilization and rehabilitation
- Empowerment of families with affected members
- Facilitation in using health and welfare services
- Occupational therapy
- Art therapy & constructions
- Music, painting, photograph, library, newspaper, physical exercise groups
- Socialization via recreational, film and theater activities. Trips, social events.
- Society Awareness
- Information provided for the society on mental health issues
- Dealing with the social stigma
- Protection of patients’ rights
Development of Co-operations
In the framework of community approach in health issues, Chios Day Centers cooperates with Psychiatric Hospitals, Psychiatric Clinics of General Hospitals, Mental Health Centers intermediate rehabilitation facilities, such as Pensions and Boarding Houses, Day Centers, Special Social Reintegration Centers, Local Authorities, Local Police Stations, Volunteers’ Networks, Universities and Mass Media.