Mental Health Mobile Unit, Sparta
The Mental Health Mobile Unit in Sparta, offers prevention, diagnostic evaluation and treatment services, nursing care, home care services, psychosocial rehabilitation and reintegration services and also implements community education programs.
The agenda of the Mental Health Mobile Unit in Sparta includes two visits every month to Molai Hospital and Neapoli and Areopoli Health Centers. The action programs also include community awareness meetings on mental health issues and parents’ schools.
Help Line for Psychological Support and Intervention in the Crisis
800 113 7777
Laconia Mobile Unit in Sparta offers diverse services for people with mental conditions in the Prefecture of Laconia. The beneficiaries and their families in cooperation with the inter-disciplinary therapeutic group can share their experiences and concerns to learn to deal with their daily difficulties and also develop their communication and social skills.
Furthermore, the Mobile Unit, provides advice for people of vulnerable social groups, people with financial, social, business or personal problems, as well as children, parents and adolescents.
- Dealing with mental health problems at the level of primary care
- Increase of the treatment effectiveness and preventing relapses
- Improving the social capabilities of people with mental difficulties by increasing their social skills and engagement
- Care and psychosocial rehabilitation of people with severe mental disorders and concomitant psychosocial problems
- Providing information and awareness for the community on mental health issues to decrease stigma and discriminations
- Prevention of mental health issues via school programs, programs at work and neighborhoods
- Support of vulnerable social groups
- Psychological support (information, personal, group or family psychotherapy)
- Psychiatric (psychotherapy, medical treatment)
- Social (welfare issues, professional mobilization and rehabilitation)
- Nursing (care, functionality restoration, health education, diet education)
- Occupational therapy (art therapy, constructions, socialization skills)
- Consultancy (personal or group)
- Therapeutic Intervention
- Timely evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders
- Systematic treatment and follow-up
- Psychological support on a personal and family level
- Psychosocial rehabilitation
- Post-hospitalization follow-up of people with mental disorders
- Social and work mobilization and rehabilitation
- Empowerment of families with affected members
- Facilitation in using health and welfare services
- Society Awareness
- Information provided for the society on mental health issues
- Dealing with the social stigma
- Protection of patients’ rights
Development of Co-operations
In the framework of community approach in mental health issues, Laconia Mobile Unit cooperates with Psychiatric Hospitals, Psychiatric Clinics of General Hospitals, Mental Health Centers, intermediate rehabilitation facilities, such as Pensions and Boarding Houses, other Day Centers, Special Social Reintegration Centers, Local Authorities, Local Police Stations, Parents’ Associations, Volunteers’ Networks, Universities and Mass Media.